• Drain sweet potatoes.
• Combine dry ingredients: oatmeal, flour, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
• Add wet ingredients: sweet potatoes, brown sugar, oil, milk, egg and vanilla.
• Mix thoroughly.
• Divide batter evenly among 1 dozen non-stick or greased muffin tins or paper muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
• Combine all ingredients until a coarse crumb texture is obtained.
• Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
• Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Yields 1 dozen muffins.